Hinduism has always fascinated people across the world, only religion whose date of origin is absolutely open for anyones guess, some theologists dated the origin of Hinduism as about 3400BC, some say it dates more then 5000 BC, astonishing as such an old religion still thriving and more and more people in the world are being attracted towards it.
The reason behind the success of the Hinduism lies in its ethos of acceptance of every kind or nature of person, it values all the philosophies and forces none.
Here is my Summarisation of the essence hinduism:
- Believe in God ! – Aastik – Accepted.
- Don’t believe in God ! – you are Accepted as a Nastik.
- You want to worship idols- please go ahead you are a Murti Pujak.
- You don’t want to worship idols – no problem you can focus on Nirguna Brahmin
- You want to criticise some thing in our religion, come forward, we are logical, Nyaya, Tarka etc are core elements of Hindu schools.
- You want to accept beliefs as it is, most welcome please go ahead with it.
- You want to start your journey by reading Bhagwat Gita – Sure!
- You want to start your journey by reading Upanishads – Go ahead.
- You want to start your journey by reading Purana- Be my guest.
- You just don’t like reading Puranas or other books, no problem my dear, go by Bhakti tradition.
- You don’t like the idea of Bhakti ! No Problem do your karma, be a karma yogi.
- You want to enjoy life, very good, no problem at all, this is Charvaka Philosophy.
- You want to abstain from all the enjoyment of life and find God, Jai Ho! be an ascetic.
- You don’t like the concept of God, you believe in nature only- Welcome (Prakriti or nature is worthy of worship).
- You believe in one God or supreme energy Superb! follow Advait philosophy.
- You want a guru go ahead obtain Gyaan.
- You don’t want a guru …Help yourself! meditate, study!
- You Believe in Female energy! Shakti is worshipped.
- You believe every human being is equal, you are awesome, come on lets celebrate Hinduism “Vasudev Kutumbakam” (the world is a family).
- You don’t have time to celebrate a festival, don’t worry, one more festival is coming, there are multiple festivals every single day of the year.
- You are a working person, don’t have time for religion, its ok you will still be a Hindu.
- You like to go to temples, devotion is loved.
- You don’t like to go to temples, no problem you are still a Hindu.
- You know that Hinduism is a way of life with considerable freedoms.
- You believe that evert thing has god in it, so you worship your mother, father, guru, tree, river, Prani-Matra, Earth, Universe!
- And if you don’t believe everything has GOD in it – No Problem we respect your view point.
- “Sarv Jana Sukhino Bhavantu” (May you all happily).
This is exactly the essence of Hinduism, all inclusive, that is why it has withstood the test of time inspite of repeated onslaught both from within and outside, and assimilated every good aspect from everything. That is why it is eternal! There is a shloka in Rigveda, the first book ever known to mankind which depicts the Hindu Philosophy in a nutshell “Ano bhadrah krathavo yanthu vishwathah” let the knowledge come to us from every direction.